Feb 17, 2021
Fettuccine with Roasted Mushrooms and Shaved Parmesan
- 1 package Cappello's Fettuccine
- For the roasted mushrooms:
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned & thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Finishing:
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shaved
- Flake salt, for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the mushrooms, 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast until mushrooms are cooked through and slightly crisp along the edges, 20-25 minutes.
- While the mushrooms cook, add 1 package of fettuccine to 3-4 quarts of boiling water. Stir to separate strands.
- Fettuccine will cook al dente in approximately 90 seconds.
- Drain then toss cooked pasta with 2 tablespoons olive oil and roasted mushrooms.
- Divide among plates and top with shaved parmesan and flake salt.
- Serve immediately.
Kids Can Do
- Toss the fettuccine in oil
- Sprinkle the salt