Apr 14, 2020
Garlic and Basil Fettuccini with Salmon (Paleo)
- 1 package Cappello's Fettuccini
- 5 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring 3-4 qts of water to boil.
- While the water boils, heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the salmon skin side down in the pan and season with salt and pepper; cook for 3-5 minutes then flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add in the remaining oil and cook the garlic, salt and pepper for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant; then add in the basil and stir.
- Whisk the milk and tapioca flour together and pour into the pan; bring to a boil and allow to cook for 3-5 more minutes. Stir to combine and turn the heat to low.
- Cook the fettuccini according to package directions- for about 90 seconds in boiling water then drain and add to the pan with the garlic basil sauce and stir to coat the noodles with the sauce.
- Divide the pasta evenly among 2 plates then flake the salmon into chunks and add to the pasta. Top with salt and fresh cracker pepper.
Kids Can Do
- Whisk the milk and tapioca flour
- Pull the salmon into chunks
- Add the salt and pepper