Mar 03, 2020
Garlic Basil Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Gluten-Free Breaded Chicken (Paleo)
- 1 package Cappello's Gnocchi
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan (vegan optional)
- Using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin, flatten the chicken breasts to about 1/2 inch thin.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- In another pie plate or shallow bowl or pan, pour the bread crumbs.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture, then roll in the cheese/crumb mixture.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over medium, heat 3 tbsp of the oil then add in the chicken 1 piece at a time, cooking on each side for about 3-5 minutes.
- Repeat for the other piece of chicken; set aside.
- Bring 3-4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Using the a clean pan, add in the remaining oil and cook the mushrooms until soft; about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, salt and pepper for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant; then add in the basil and parmesan and turn the heat to low.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions then drain and add to the pan with the garlic basil sauce and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Divide the pasta evenly among 2 plates then top with the chicken.
- Garnish with salt and fresh cracker pepper.