Nov 06, 2019
Grain-Free Chicken Pot Pies (Paleo, Keto-friendly)
- 1 box Cappello’s Lasagna Sheets, thawed if frozen
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 3/4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt ghee. Add the onion and celery, and sauté 5 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add in the tapioca flour and whisk well. Pour in bone broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, lower heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes, until thickened.
4. Once thickened, add the coconut milk, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, parsley, chicken, carrots, broccoli, and peas. Stir and cook another 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
5. Divide chicken mixture evenly among 6 (8-ounce) ramekins.
6. Cut each lasagna sheets into 4 long strips, then cut each strip in half. Brush with water to dampen.
7. Weave 6 strips into a 3-strip by 3-strip lattice and place over the ramekin, cutting away excess dough from the edges. Repeat for remaining five ramekins.
8. Place ramekins on a large baking sheet and bake 15-18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and crispy on the edges.
9. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes