Dec 15, 2020
- 1 package Cappello's Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, crumbled divided
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 6 oz mascarpone cheese, chilled
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Line a 8.5-in x 4.5-in x 2.5-in standard loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang.
- Along the base of the prepared pan scatter 2 Tablespoons each of the cookie dough and the chopped pistachios.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the heavy cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar, orange zest, nutmeg, and salt. Turn mixer to high and whip until soft peaks form. Use a spatula to fold in remaining pistachios and cookie dough crumbles.
- Slowly pour the semifreddo into the pan, tapping gently to work out any pockets of air and to level the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the freezer until frozen, 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove pan from freezer and turn the semifreddo out onto a cutting board. Remove the plastic and let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Cut with a long knife that has been dipped in warm water and place sliced semifreddo on a plate. Enjoy!
Kids Can Do
- Add in the cookie crumbles to the cream mixture.
- Pour the semifreddo into the pan.