Mar 20, 2020
Italian Gnocchi Soup
- 1 package Cappello's Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat and add in garlic and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in both zucchinis, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper (to taste) and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in gnocchi; cover and cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!