Apr 16, 2021
Jalapeño Popper Pizza
- 1 Cappello's Naked Crust
- 3 slices bacon thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced into thin rings
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place a baking sheet on the middle rack while the oven preheats.
- Add cut bacon to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally until cooked to desired crispiness, 5-6 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and place it on a plate that has been lined with paper towels. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions to the pan. Cook until soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic; continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Turn heat to medium-low.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and black pepper to the onion mixture. Stir until cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the pizza crust.
- Top with mozzarella. Evenly scatter bacon pieces and jalapeño pepper rings over the top.
- Place pizza directly on the preheated baking sheet. Cook for 11-15 minutes, or until the crust begins to brown. Slice and serve.
Kids Can Do
- Make the cream cheese mixture
- Spread the cream cheese mixture
- Add the bacon<