Jan 15, 2020
Loaded Baked Potato Gnocchi
- 12 ounces Cappello’s Gnocchi
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toppings: chopped chives, shredded sharp cheddar
- Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon for 4-6 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk the tapioca flour and chicken broth together until the flour is completely dissolved.
- Place the large skillet back on medium heat and add the broth and milk. Whisk constantly, until the mixture reaches a low boil. Remove from heat, and stir in the sour cream and cheese until they are melted and smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked gnocchi and bacon, folding gently to coat with the cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately topped with chopped chives, a sprinkle of shredded cheddar, and extra bacon, as desired.
- Yield: 3 servings
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes