Apr 29, 2021
Paleo Romesco Gnocchi
- 1 package Cappello's Gnocchi
- For the romesco sauce:
- 15-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Add all ingredients for the romesco sauce to a blender. Blend until smooth, adjusting seasoning as needed. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and set aside. (Note: this recipe makes enough sauce for a 2x batch).
- Add frozen gnocchi to 4-quarts of boiling water and stir immediately. Continue stirring every 30 seconds for 1-3 minutes, or until the gnocchi float. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the gnocchi.
- Transfer gnocchi and water to the bowl with the romesco and mix to combine.
- Top with toasted almonds and basil and serve.
Kids Can Do
- Measure ingredients for sauce
- Toss the pasta and sauce together
- Add the toppings