Oct 29, 2021
Pizza de los Muertos
- ½ package Cappello’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, thawed
- 6 ounces white fondant
- Colorful sprinkles, chocolates, or candy of choice
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place a baking sheet on the middle rack while the oven preheats. Remove crust from plastic and cardboard tray, and place frozen crust directly on the preheated baking sheet. Cook for 13 minutes or until just golden brown.
- While crust bakes, roll or press cookie dough into a thin disc 7-8 inches in diameter.
- Remove crust from the oven and cool completely. Place cookie dough disc on top of crust and press down gently.
- On a surface lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar, roll fondant into a thin, 9-inch circle with a rolling pin. Carefully cover the cookie dough on the crust with the fondant. If there are any bubbles, gently roll over the top of the fondant to create a smooth surface.
- Decorate the pizza with any sprinkles, chocolate or candies you’d like to create the skull by gently pressing them into the fondant before it dries.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
Kids Can Do
- roll cookie dough
- roll fondant
- decorate pizza