Jul 29, 2019
Plant-Based Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 portobello mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ cups marinara sauce (such as Rao’s)
- 1 box Cappello’s Lasagna Sheets
- 16 oz. vegan ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan Parmesan-style cheese
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Toss the eggplant, bell peppers, mushroom, zucchini, and red onion in a large bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Place vegetables on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with olive oil. Spread ¼ cup pasta sauce evenly over the bottom of the pan.
5. Layer 3 lasagna sheets, 1/3 of the roasted vegetables, 1/3 of the ricotta, and 1/4 cup sauce. Repeat three times and pour the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with the vegan Parmesan-style cheese.
6. Cover the pan and bake 35-40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for about an hour to set. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley, as desired.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hr. 30 minutes