Mar 26, 2021
Quick and Easy Gorgonzola Cream with Gnocchi and Walnuts
- 1 package Cappello's Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola, rind removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots, coriander and pepper to the pan. Cook until the shallots are transparent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cream and arrowroot starch and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. Continue to cook until sauce slightly thickens, another 2-4 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and whisk in the Gorgonzola. Continue to cook until the cheese has melted then remove from heat.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions then drain and add to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Divide among plates and garnish with walnuts and sage.
Kids Can Do
- Pour the ingredients for the sauce
- Scoop the finished pasta into bowls
- Add the garnish