Aug 09, 2020
Spicy Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chorizo
- 1 package Cappello's Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced cured chorizo
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more if you like it extra spicy
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- Add in the onions, peppers and salt; cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender and a bit crispy.
- Then add the chorizo, chili powder, cumin and cayenne and continue cooking for another 5 minutes; stirring frequently to heat the chorizo through and mix the seasonings around.
- Finally, move the vegetable-chorizo mixture to one side of the pan, add in the frozen gnocchi to the empty side, cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes then stir gently; be careful not to mash the gnocchi as you stir.
- When gnocchi is crispy and cooked through, remove from heat, top with queso fresco and serve immediately.
Kids Can Do
Crumble the queso fresco
Measure out the spices