Aug 24, 2020
Sweet Potato Gnocchi BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 Package Cappello's Gnocchi
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place gnocchi on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until extra crispy and crunchy; this will help keep it firm when the dressing is added. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the gnocchi cooks, cook the bacon in a large pan over medium until crispy, then remove from the pan and set on paper towels to drain. When cool enough to touch, chop the bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Whisk the mayo, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic powder, minced onion, chives and parsley together to make the dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- In a large bowl, combine the gnocchi, bacon, tomatoes, avocado and red onion into a bowl. Top with dressing and toss to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Kids Can Do
- Whisk the ingredients to make the dressing
- Peel the avocado
- Mix the salad together