Nov 21, 2020
Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Turkey and Stuffing Croutons
- 1 package Cappello’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 1 cup leftover stuffing, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces cooked turkey, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To garnish: Freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, microgreens
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place stuffing on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and toast until golden brown and crispy, about 25–30 minutes.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted and foamy, add the sage and cook until crisp, about 1 minute. Remove sage and add shallot to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until shallots are translucent and butter starts to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Once butter has browned, remove from heat, and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Stir in gnocchi, turkey, pecans and 3 tablespoons of the reserved pasta water. Return to heat, and sauté until just coated in the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm topped with stuffing croutons, Parmigiano-Reggiano, crispy sage leaves, and microgreens.
Kids can do
- Tear turkey into bite-sized pieces
- Top gnocchi with stuffing croutons
- Sprinkle on cheese