Nov 26, 2019
Turkey “Egg Rolls”
- 1 package Cappello’s Lasagna Sheets, thawed if frozen
- 16 ounces broccoli slaw
- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- Coconut or avocado oil (for frying)
- Optional: cranberry sauce, sriracha
- Combine the broccoli slaw, turkey, garlic, salt, pepper, ginger, and tamari in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the lasagna sheets in half. Brush two sheets at a time with water, and overlap the edges of two half-sheets, to form one large square.
- To fill the egg rolls, place about 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture diagonally on the sheet.
- Fold the bottom corner over the filling, roll snugly half-way to cover the filling.
- Fold in both sides tightly against the filling and moisten the edges of the flaps with water. Press down.
- Finish by rolling the sheet up and seal the top by moistening the flap and pressing down.
- To fry the egg rolls, heat about 1/2 inch of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the egg rolls, seam side down, a few at a time, turning occasionally and fry until they are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with leftover cranberry sauce or sriracha, as desired.
- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes